LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunny   11 January 2017

Cousin marriage in hindu

My name is Sunny and i am a brahmin and my family members are in a situation that needs to be resolved. 

My mother's father (Nana) were four brothers...Out of them two brothers had one daughter each. One of them is my mother. Now i am interested in marrying my Nana's brother's  daughter's daughter ( Nana ke bhai ki beti ki beti ). I am from Jharkhand and  the girl whom I want to marry is from Bihar ( as her father is from Bihar) but they are settled in MP.

Please advice if I can marry her. We both have different surname and different gotra.... I am in real need of help. Please advice

Learning

3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 January 2017

The marriage is permissible if such a custom prevails in your community.

Mukesh sharma (job )     11 January 2017

Hi sunny if your marriage not came in same gotra or probhited relation than you do the same and check with your other community related some issue if not than you do 

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sunny

My name is Sunny and i am a brahmin and my family members are in a situation that needs to be resolved. 

My mother's father (Nana) were four brothers...Out of them two brothers had one daughter each. One of them is my mother. Now i am interested in marrying my Nana's brother's  daughter's daughter ( Nana ke bhai ki beti ki beti ). I am from Jharkhand and  the girl whom I want to marry is from Bihar ( as her father is from Bihar) but they are settled in MP.

Please advice if I can marry her. We both have different surname and different gotra.... I am in real need of help. Please advice
You are sapindas, above gentleman has given you wrong advice, though law permits certain customary obligations wrt marriage, this one is illegal and wrong as per Hindu Marriage Act 1955.

You both have common ancestor, so you are brother and sister.

Children born out of such wedlock will have genetic anamolies, please dont marry, for your desire dont make future generation genetically incapable and burden for the society.  Children born out of such wedlock are born without eyes, brain dead, handicap etc

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register