Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     22 November 2009

Court Martial

I heard this story in my childhood.

A man on guard duty  told the king that he dreamed that the neighbouring kingdom had attacked our country but was driven away by our army. The king rewarded him by sacking him for sleeping while on duty.

Now read this:

A Russian called Stanislav Petrov who single-handedly prevented a nuclear war way back in 1983. In charge of a Soviet early warning site, Petrov averted a nuclear holocaust when he took a decision to not retaliate when an alarm falsely signaled a US nuclear missile attack. Had it not been for him, forget 2012, 1983 would have been THE END.

Two days ago, an air force chief ridiculed the political leadership for delay in purchase of critical defence equipment because of bickering. The UPA Government is red faced and wants to reprimand him for speaking the truth.

I feel that Petrol should have been summarily court martialled for disobeying the duty manual even at the cost of causing a nuclear holocaust. 

Law is law and we should sacrifice ourselves at the alter of law.

Learning

1 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     23 November 2009

I am agree with you that law is law and it is to be abide by all. Personal liberty cannot be higher than the safety and security of the Nation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register