LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivas (jao)     05 January 2013

Counting of past service

I have taken technical resignation from Central Railway, Mumbai and joined BSNL on getting relieved from Central Railway after serving 4 years 8 months (Relieving letter enclosed). Rly has declined to give gratuity since the service is not full 5 years.  All other settlement dues are paid by Rly.

I have requested BSNL to take my service on record for the purpose of gratuity since gratuity calaim is not accepted by Rly.  BSNL also not agreeing to take service on record for the purpose of gratuity.

What is the rule position 

pl advice me in the matter

Learning

2 Replies

srikant nayak (Asst. engg)     05 January 2013

my previous employeer only pay my pf amount to the pf office for a financial only. but another 1.5 financial year pf doesn't pay to the pf office till now. right now i have resigned from that employeer and want to withdraw my pf amount. my pf account shows only that one financial year amount. what can i do. if my previous employeer not clear my pf amount to the accountthen who can provide me the interest of my pf amount for a long period. 

please help me regarding this matter.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 January 2013

@ Srikant,

Please always start a new thread.

If your employer has been deducting employee’s contribution from your salary for 1.5 years and has shown it in your pay slip but has not deposited the employee’s contribution with employer’s contribution with concerned PF office you have a reason to be worried.

Does the company issue salary slip showing the deduction?

Has the company supplied you the account slip for entire period of service.

The account slips are issued by o/o concerned RPFC to company and company is under obligation to supply it to concerned employee by effective mode of communication e.g. redg. post.

You may submit a representation by letter addressed to good offices of your appointing authority, MD, Company Secretary and raise your query on why the PF is not deposited for 1.5 years and demand to supply you the account slip for the period from………..to…….and mention that reply be supplied to you by letter thru redg. post only and that a postage prepaid self addressed envelope is enclosed for sending the reply and account slips to you.

Based on reply you can proceed further.

You may lodge a complaint by letter thru redg. post to RPFC. Later all may obtain POD from PO { internet generated is free and attested copy of run sheet of Post Man is made available against payment of Rs.10/}.

Escalate to Addl. CPFC of your state and CPFC. The contact details are in EPFO directory at its website:

www.epfindia.gov.in

Peruse thru RTI, and obtain copies of

Obtain Form 3A, Form 6A, Form 23, extract of Form 24 etc……for the period you are concerned with.

If you are sure that employer is not depositing PF lodge complaint and PF office may start 7A proceedings.

Check at EPFO website is company is already in list of defaulters.

If the company stopped deducting the employee’s contribution for 1.5 years then you may ask the reason from your company.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register