LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jesmala David Raj (Assistant Professor)     04 February 2014

Correction of form-16(income tax)

During the financial year 2012-2013, my former employer had incorrectly clubbed together my salary and additional income in the  salary column  of form 16 .I  had asked them for a corrected form 16 which they are refusing to give.I had already paid tax for my entire income, Will I be required to pay tax for the additional income again? If so, what can be done while filing the returns.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 February 2014

Salaried individuals earning less than Rs 5 lakh and having saving bank interest income of less than Rs 10,000 in a year need not file their tax return. This too though comes with a rider. The exemption from filing return is available only if the employer has deducted the entire tax liability through TDS and deposited it with the government

Akshay Jain (Partner)     05 February 2014

Hi,

If you have paid Tax correctly on your total Income then don't worry, just keep all the necessary documents with you through which you have computed your income. If in future Income Tax Department issues you any notice you can show them the documents.

In your return show your correct income from all the sources and that is it, you don't have to take any further steps.

For further query, write your query at:

https://www.ngoandtaxconsultant.in/p/blog-page.html

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register