Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dheeraj (None)     08 April 2016

Correction in school record

Hi,

My son is studying in class VII of a private school affilate to CBSE. His school record has an extra character in mother name and middle name missing in father name. Child's birth certificate, passport and Adhar card have correct names of parents. When asked school to change, school ask to get affidavit from court (First class judicial) magistrate, citing CBSE rules.

Went to CBSE site and they specify no such rules. As per CBSE rules, this affidavit  is applicable only if student is studying in class XI, X, XI or XII.

I went to court for affidavit. Court said no and asked to get Study certificate from school that will have incorrect names of parents and also get CBSE rule from school that demands such affidavit. Also court suggested (Verbally), with these documents, issue notice to CPC and wait for 2 months and then come for affidavit.

But how can I go to CPC for correction of names, when there are no issues with birth certificate, passport Adhar etc. All government documents of my son, my wife's and mine are correct!!

Is school correct in asking the court affidavit? I don’t see any CBSE rule for that before class XI.

Thanks,

Dheeraj Anand

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register