Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Balaji (xxx)     08 November 2014

Correction in land registration document - tamilnadu

Hi All,

I purchased a land from a real estate company and completed the registration in early February 2014. Recently i found that I have misrepresented my father's initial in the document ( N. Arun Balaji S/o P. Natarajan was misrepresented as N.Arun Balaji S/o. R. Natarajan). During the registration process i have submitted my driving licence as proof of address which clearly reads my father's name as P. Natarajan).

Please advise me if this will be an legal issue in case if i try to sell or pledge this land in future. If yes then what is the procedure to fix this issue.

Thank you all in advance for the support.

Regards,

Arun Balaji.N

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 November 2014

This is a very minor observation which may not cause any problem anytime in the future, however if you want to be doubly cautious and safe about it, you may go for a registered rectification deed by the vendor executing the same for you once again involving the same process of registration except for the stamp duty. You may have to pay Rs. 100/- towards registration feed alone and not requiredto pay any stamp duty for this issue.

Arun Balaji (xxx)     08 November 2014

Thank you for the guidance.

TSKabilan (Senior Manager(Aviation))     30 November 2014

I have a sale deed in my name, registered under Tamil Nadu state. The property is in TN state. The boundaries have been wrongly given in the schedule. The length of the plot is 55 on the north side and south side and the widdth of the plot is 40 on the east and west side. This is exchanged in the document as north-south as 40 and east-west as 55. However, in the past four parent documents it is mentioned correctly. The layout and the first doc after layout is also mentions them correctly. The sale deed was made in 2007. The seller is ready to come to the registeration office for executing the correction deed.

Q1. What is the stamp duty & registration charges for rectification deed in TN State?

Q2. Can the 2007 document be corrected now with the rect. deed stamp duty?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahammed   17 October 2015

Sir

My cousin has a House in Nagercoil town in a Narrow street, (where the Land Value is VEry low)when He purchased it few years back the document writer has mentioned the area as KP road ( which is a Main bye pass road and the land value if several times higher) he has all the records like Water bill, Eb bill Tax receipt etc in the correct street Name, Now he wanted to sell the Property and the SRO is insisting on  collecting the stamp duty on the Main road rate, Also he got a Certificate from the Municipal Commissioner citing the correct location, Kindly advice us how to complete the documentation, (With Higher Stamp duty the BUyer if backing Off)

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     24 July 2016

No need to pay stamp duty again only Rs100/- stamp paper is require for rectification deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register