Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S Sarkar   13 June 2018

Copyright of website

Hello Members,

I am a small financial website owner containing my research work, brand, articles & analysis. I am currently having a bad experience with google blogger.  

Since 2009 I used to have a small blog first where I used to post my analysis. Then between 2017 - 2018 I removed that blog & transferred it to a new domain as my brand. During these transition process. one guy from Indonesia has copied my whole deleted old blog contents line by line. I was unaware of it. When I knew about it. I asked Google to turn down that blog. Google is still not much attentive to this case.

So I am thinking whatever happened it can happen again. So is there any law in India can protect me globally from this kind of theft? I have copyright marked on my website. But still, some dumb people are totally ignorant about it. 

I have check this site:

https://copyright.gov.in/

Should I register my website there? I am not a much knowledgeable person in legal matters, please be easy with me.

Do I have to pay yearly charges for it? 

How can it benefit me globally?

Thank you

Best Regards

Learning

1 Replies

Archi Bhatia   28 June 2018

Hi, S.Sarkar

Your website may contain some elements that are literary or artistic in nature. For example, words, graphics, videos, software and photos etc.

As per the Copyright law, you will have to file copyright registration request for each of these elements separately.

This means that you can get a copyright on specific material on your website but not on a complete website or blog. It is, therefore, a lengthy process to obtain copyright for a whole site or blog.

There is no such thing as international copyright law that would protect the work of the owner internationally. Your copyright material can be protected in other countries only if they are party to Berne convention as India.

In short, your copyright will attain protection in only those countries that are party to Berne convention. Indonesia is party to Berne convention and hence you can take certain actions.

you can know more about copyright registration on:

https://www.quickcompany.in/copyright-registration

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register