LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrs. Bhavna (Housewife)     27 January 2019

Cooperative society asking amounts othr than maintainence

I have a flat in a co operative society which comes in Haryana...they first increased the maintenance and asked the members to pay quarterly not monthly... then demanded 14000 as they had water bill dues against municipal cooperation...recently they demanded another 15000 stating society repairs...I have always paid every amount but didn�t pay 15000 as I didn�t find appropriate...now I have got a mail from them asking to pay 15000 with 18% rate of interest pa from the day society has asked for the amount...I want to know about my rights?? Is it appropriate for them to ask such amounts other than maintainence?? Kindly guide me with this situation!!

Learning

6 Replies

Vikram Sodha (Advocate)     27 January 2019

your society has byelaws and it must be given to you at the time of sale deed in your favour. wherein in it is mentioned how much maximum amount to be taken from members. if you don't have that then you can make complaint before the district registrar co operative society of your distrit about the same. but first make written communication with society chairman and ask him on what basis he is demanding said amount from you.
vikram sodha 9979859835

Thank you for your reply sir!! I checked in the bye laws sir it�s not mentioned...when asked the general body why such amount they stated society repairs!!

Vikram Sodha (Advocate)     27 January 2019

You have to check or cross verify from other members of society if all the majority members of the society are paying and it useful for society then you have to pay otherwise not.

Sir, being a member can I ask them for audit reports?? And if they had not payed the municipal water bills than why the members were asked to pay extra amount of 14000?? Even though they had been collecting the maintainence on time!! And are they allowed to impose rate of interest and that too 18% on the amount asked by them if not paid!!

Sir, being a member can I ask them for audit reports?? And if they had not payed the municipal water bills than why the members were asked to pay extra amount of 14000?? Even though they had been collecting the maintainence on time!! And are they allowed to impose rate of interest and that too 18% on the amount asked by them if not paid!!

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 January 2019

If a member, you have the right to seek and get all the information pertaining to the functioning of the Society,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register