Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahiye   02 February 2019

Contested divorce and Mediation Need Help

Good Morning,

Me and husband are not living together form the past 2 years and I filed a contested divorce case for last 18 months accusing him on the basis of cruelty and contesting it via my lawyer. Now, after many proceedings my lawyer decided to go for the 2 parties to agree verbally for a alimony settlement through mediation.

My lawyer is suggesting that after the mediation the current case should be dropped and the 2 parties shall file a mutual divorce. He also said, with mutual divorce, I will have to come down to twice, the 2nd appearance will take nearly few days as 6 months time can be waived off.  

The problem for me is I don't want my case to get further linger and want to get Decree within shorter span of time but in the meantime I don't want to be get trapped as by withdrawing my contested divorce in order to processed for mcd. If husband ran away in the second motion of mcd then I will be helpless.

This idea was rejected by my lawyer. He says settling the matter in mediation center and insisting me on a mutual divorce.

What is the experts take on my case? Assuming that the court blesses our request for mediation and the mediation is indeed successful, do you think I can get a divorce quick by having to file a new mutual petition or its risky that husband will deny later or ran away? And do you agree with my lawyer that settling via mediation and mcd?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register