LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish (Supervisor)     07 July 2014

Construction trustworthy fraud

Recently we Constructed A house, Which was our Dream, The Construction work was Done my Friend only with no agreement just on a trust worthy basis, all was going well, the problem arised during the final settlement when we asked him the details of the expenses and the respective bill for the Materials, at that time we came to know about his fraud in this work, he has costed us 3 to 4 lakh more than the present market value and when we sat for the settlement he was not answering our questions properly and was telling all fake answers which we came to know, his answers were different for the questions which we asked, construction work is also of poor quality, simply he has given bills of higher cost and looted the money, in spite of all these we were fixed that we will give the remaining amount after he clearly clarifies the construction expense and the work, but he intervend some police officers who was our common friend and as he told that he will settle all the issue clearly we gave him half the amount to the police officer, after getting half the amount he asked for the remaining amount, by that time when we consulted a civil engineer about the work. he told its 3 to 4 lakh more at the present market value.Still there are many things to tell. please do guide me or help me

Learning

1 Replies

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     09 July 2014

As for complete detail and expenses to your friend through RTI he will be forced to disclose true expenses and take help of local lawyer and do all transaction of money through cheque only 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register