LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Phani   08 January 2019

Compassionate appointment

can a married daughter (husband govt. employee) be given job on compassionate appointment of her father if her mother willing.
The married daughter is the one who is going to take care of her mothe
r

Learning

2 Replies

Phani   09 January 2019

sir my view is

i (daughter) have to take the responsibility of my mom as there are no sons in our family. the income earned by my husband is only sufficient to take care of his family (his father,mom, me, my child) then do i wont become dependent on additional income to takecare of my mom. Can i raise a petition regarding discrimination between married son and married women in case of compassionate appointment and my dependency on job in order to take care of my mom and her responsibilities

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 January 2019

There is no legal bar in a married daughter applying for compassionate appointment. Please note that compassionate appointment is not a right. It is a procedure in rrelaxation to the rules. It is not that everyone of the wards in such case would get employment; only the most deserving would be offered employment, subject to vacancies ear-marked.

The authorities are required to give due weightage to the fact that the daughter's husband is also employed in Government service.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register