LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pawan (Dy. Manger)     02 December 2014

Common wall between apartments

Hi , I am Pawan Garg, residing in apartment in Bangalore. Our apartment has 24 houses in 4 story building with a partition wall. This 5 feet wall is covering 3 sides and 4 side we have door.

Issue is the surrounded land was bought by another builder and he is raising the common wall with a height of 10-12 feet, because of that our basement will be completely in dark without ventilation. 

I request to all , please suggest me, whether we can take any legal action to prevent the wall formation. if yes please suggest good advocate in Bangalore.

Thanks, 

Pawan

Learning

1 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     03 December 2014

Sir you ought to file an injunction suit against the said builder restraining him from infirngement of your easmentary right. Easmentary right is the right you have to all natural sources around your such as sunlight, wateer etc.The same would also hold as Im sure as per the municipal rules in your city, there has to be a minimum distance maintained between two buildings especially those being raised in domestic areas.

Sorry but I dont know any good lawyer there. I can only help you with the drafting of the said case which can be sent to you via email.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register