co-ownership of agricultural land

Dear experts,

In co-owned agricultural ancestral land, we have had oral partition and I have boundary wall on my share and gifted my share to my son. But one of my brothers has now filed a suit saying that I cannot transfer my share in agricultural land without the formal declaration of partition. We have a registered partition deed from 1990 for a house that this brother constructed but now he is saying that it is only for that portion of land. 

I am just not sure whether according to law I can gift my portion to my son through gift deed is valid.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Course by Ex-Judge!!     |    x