LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mukhtar Ahmed (Contractor)     01 June 2014

Clarification required please.

Dear Sir/s, Last year I purchased an apartment in Bangalore. Only one owner has signed the sale deed out of four owners. The khata of the property was in the name of the owner who has executed the sale deed. Now all the other three members are ready to register the same on my name, but they wont come to the registerar office and they are ready to give a gpa to their brother(who has executead the sale deed in my favour) to execute the same. Is it ok to obtain gpa and execute the confirmation deed or other deed by me. If so what type of gpa or confirmation is required. Do I have to pay the stamp duty again, as I have paid the full stamp duty at the time of execution of sale deed. Please help.

Thanking you,

With regards to you all.

Mukhtar Ahmed

Bangalore

Learning

2 Replies

Arvind Manghirmalani (Advocate High court Bombay Trained mediator 91-9869617090 9594255075)     01 June 2014

confirmation by other co-owners through gpa is within law. mention the registration details of registered sale deed in confirmation deed. keep ready  the original or certified copy of already registered document of sale deed while registering confirmation deed. You don't have to pay stamp duty (except of Rs. 100/= stamp paper) on confirmation deed again.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 June 2014

I agree, a confirmation by co-owners through a GPA ratifying the acts of the original vendor on his behalf as well as on behalf of his principals namely the co-owners and the said deed duly registered will avoid all future legal complications in the sale of the property.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register