Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Prabhulkar (accounts)     27 July 2011

Claiming of TDS

Hi

I have an query,

My previous employer had deducted tds from salary but i dont know where the paid the same to nsdl. The also r not giving me Form 16. I want to file return for the year 2010-12. Can i claim that TDS amount in my return?

Please advise.

Thanks

Amit Prabhulkar

Learning

6 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     27 July 2011

you can register at incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in  once registered you can view and download your 26AS form and the form will give you the details of the TDS deducted by your previous employer and deposited.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     27 July 2011

I do agree with Sanjeev.

Amit Prabhulkar (accounts)     28 July 2011

Dear Sanjeev sir,

Thanks for your reply.

i m aware about 26as but my query is different. If my employer had not paid my TDS after deducting from salary. Can I claim that amount.

Amit

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 July 2011

You can send email/letter to your employer with Copy to MD,HR-Head, if you have not received the form 16, and ask to supply it by redg/speed post, and mention that if desired you can supply postage prepaid self addressed envelope. Your communication(s) shall be proof that you have informed/reminded.

If you do not receive, you can complain, under acknowledgment, to o/o jurisdiction IT commissioner where the company files returns. You can get the address of this office from any office by giving PAN/TAN number of company. Heavy penalties are imposed on company. Company may claim that they have sent, but how shall they provide POD. Moreover you have already offered to supply envelope. If you do not hear fro IT office you can raise RTI.

Such an action shall deter the concerned employee who issues the form 16, to not to sit on form 16 in his present and future ventures. Thus you shall be helping self and many fellow colleagues.

Even if you claim TDS, if company has deposited the tax, you shall not get refund.

Amit Prabhulkar (accounts)     28 July 2011

Thanks kumar for your valued reply.

but I m not getting ur last line. if company has deposted the tax then how i cant get the refund?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 July 2011

It is mentioned in the last line if company has deposited tax, you shall not get the refund even if you claim.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register