Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohanasundaram   09 December 2019

Claim mcop award without lawyers is possible?

Respected lawyers my mother met an accident five years ago.so we filed a case by hiring a lawyer, at the end, the judgement is in favour of us.the judgement is decided on 18th March 2019.our lawyer doesn't inform about this.when I searched the case details from ecourts.gov.in I was shocked to see the judgement is uploaded on it.so I try to contact our lawyer he didn't pick up my call,when we try to reach him in his office his worker says he is not available.we have made several efforts to reach him but all of the efforts are in vain,what can we do?how do we claim the compensation it has been almost passed nine months.pls give your valuable opinions.thanking you.

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 December 2019

Information that lawyer is not available either in person or through personal contact and there is no one to take up the legal work at office level (asst) is surprising.  Your advocate may be having a cell no, e mail and try to contact him, and without questioning and irritating him for the delay, (as the case was already closed) seek his guidance for settlement.  In this forum, though members state facts, some facts appear to be almost unbelievable.  Please also contact the insurance company immediately to know about the claim settlement.  (Though some cases are isolated, in these accident settlement cases, advocates, get accounts opened in Banks through petitioners, keep signed cheques with them with a letter of authority, and some illiterate persons may not be knowing that there is a claim, as advocate himself bargains some amount and immediately pays to the victim, and takes up the fight himself, and entire claim credited in victims account is finally taken by him.  The victim immediately gets a lakh of rupees and the advocate who takes the case without taking any advance may gets three of four lakhs)

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     09 December 2019

try to connect advocate as now the time has come for him to get reward of his work done.Signature of advocate and party is required to release compensation from tribunal.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     10 December 2019

If you are unable to contact your lawyer make a complaint (in Bar Council as well as Consumer Fora) against him/ her and engage another local prudent lawyer for further proceeding to transfer the amount in the Bank account of claimant(s).

However, if you are located in Delhi and feel so, may contact me with relevant records (on appointment) at: Chamber No 647, Lawyer's Chamber Block, Dwarka Courts Complex, Sector 10, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075   

Cell # 9891152939 email: majjagdish@yahoo.com or visit: vakil-saab.com  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register