LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raj khanna (student)     08 August 2012

Civil suit in high court

My question is regarding the civil matter that how a civil suit can directly be filled in High court. If A, a company files a civil suit for the specific performance of contract against company B in the Bombay High Court then, how it will be maintainable, how a company can file a civil suit directly in High Court. Please give me the proper sections of the laws like CPC etc. which will fall under this case. 

Learning

5 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     08 August 2012

If the value of contract which is sought to be spefcifically enforced is above Rupees fifty thousand then in that case Bombay high Court has the original jurisdiction and takes up the matter in the first instance itself. 

surjit singh (Assistant)     08 August 2012

I go with Mr Bharat.

raj khanna (student)     09 August 2012

Thank you Mr. Bharat Chugh but would you please provide me more details  about it like under which section of law  this particular provision of Bombay High Court falls. you can answer here or my email id is    raj.khanna2012@gmail.com 

surjit singh (Assistant)     10 August 2012

For this you have to go through the Bombay High Court Rules and the  Maharastra Civil Court Rules the jurusdiction as regard amount involved will be mentioned.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register