LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay (Senior Software Engr)     24 June 2017

Cibil enquiry without consent

A big financial lending company has made a couple of inquiries for personal loans on CIBIL without my consent. They have misused my sensitive PAN information for the same. Because of many CIBIL inquiries, many banks are rejecting me from issuing credit cards. It's a breach, is it worth a suit against the company?

Thank you

Vijay

Learning

8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 June 2017

Did you apply for any loan/CC from this Financial Company?

Usually Banks inform declinature by SMS,email,letter. 

Do you have a copy?

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     25 June 2017

File  either criminal defamation u/s 499 & 500 IPC or  civil defamation suit against  the  company. If it is civil defamation you file libel suit.

1 Like

Vijay (Senior Software Engr)     25 June 2017

Originally posted by : Kumar Doab
Did you apply for any loan/CC from this Financial Company?

Usually Banks inform declinature by SMS,email,letter. 

Do you have a copy?

I applied for a loan about two years back, with this company, in which I disclosed my PAN. Later I closed that loan but new inquiries in CIBIL are made this year without my consent. 

The banks generally do not tell us why they rejected the CC application. But it is most likely due to large number of inquiries on CIBIL.

Thank you

Vijay

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 June 2017

CIBIL is a private entity that maintains credit information provided by various financial institutions (members).  What ever was provided to them or uploaded can be viewed in public.  If the uploaded information is not correct, the concerned applicant may get a copy of such report himself by paying the fees, and seek such information on providing/uploading information that is not correct and proceed against them if explanation is not convincing.  CIBIL report can be sought by any one and market inquiry on borrower is a right to financial institution.

When verification of CIBIL score is fundamental, primary and mandatory for any sanctions/credit report, one can not seek action against those persons who viewed the same.

Originally posted by : G.L.N. Prasad
CIBIL is a private entity that maintains credit information provided by various financial institutions (members).  What ever was provided to them or uploaded can be viewed in public.  If the uploaded information is not correct, the concerned applicant may get a copy of such report himself by paying the fees, and seek such information on providing/uploading information that is not correct and proceed against them if explanation is not convincing.  CIBIL report can be sought by any one and market inquiry on borrower is a right to financial institution.

When verification of CIBIL score is fundamental, primary and mandatory for any sanctions/credit report, one can not seek action against those persons who viewed the same.

I don't agree with you. Every inquiry that is being made in CIBIL has an impact on the credit score. Such inquiries can not be made without the consent of the owner.

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 June 2017

It appears that you have not disclosed the complete facts.

Originally posted by : P. Venu
It appears that you have not disclosed the complete facts.

May I know what you mean by complete facts? PAN information is a sensitive information and if some company obtain it then that company cannot be negligent about it.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 June 2017

You must be having the loan closure letter/NOC/NDC etc etc

Usually banks communicate declinature.

Or obtain a written communication from Bank.

The customer can ask for credit report from Bank against payment of say Rs.50/ per RBI guidelines.

You can caution the Financial Company on unnecessary queries after loan closure and NO fresh intent of borrowing from your side.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register