Child custody

My sister got married in 2015. Her matrimonail home is in haryana. We are based in Delhi. She gave birth to a boy in 2016. For the past 2-3 years she has come back to her home in delhi due to bad behavior of husband and inalws. Her son has kept by her husband. I want to know that can we file case for child custody in delhi or we have to file case in haryana. Child was born in Haryana.

No case of divorce, no case of legal separation, no case of DV, then where is the question of child custody.

We have filed the complaint in CAW cell in our local area. 


CAW, as the name suggests Crime Against Women, but hardly they help the women. But in your case situation is entirely precarious. Herein, your brother in law and his parents have snatched the breastfeeding child of your sister, against her will, and expelled her from her Sasural, so she has taken shelter in Delhi at her brother's house (you). Is it so? However if that is the present situation, then she can file case in Delhi also. Please consult some good local lawyer.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu