LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mukesh   29 January 2020

Cheque bounce - need help

I'm the complainant  in the cheque bounce case for 1 Lac, accused denied the charges and I filed Proof affidavit and marked cheque and other documents.  In Lok Adalat, Accused agreed to pay in 4 installments.  

After paying 1st installment of 25k, judge went for training for 10 months.  Accused refused to pay remaining 75k taking advantage of absent judge.  I requested Accused to pay and record in adjacent incharge court, or pay in my bank account, for which Accused denied.  

In yesterday hearing, Lawyer of accused brought 25k and asked further time.  I asked to pay 75k in one payment along with 9% interest for 10 months, for which Lawyer refused.  I found below info in the services.ecourts:

Accordingly accused agreed to pay the amount in 4 installment. But for the past 10 months accused is not turned up to pay the amount as agreed in installment. Now the accused is ready to pay the amount but the complainant refused the same. For further proceedings call on

Next Purpose : For Attachment/ Arrest /Garnishee Proceedings / Deposit / Payment / Claim

Earlier Purpose of hearing was Lok Adalat.  Can someone please explain what is the next step?  accused lawyer will cross me?  or we need to file any petition?

My lawyer is not telling me anything, he said judge has put in my favour.  

Learning

2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     29 January 2020

Just need to wait for next hearing;  you got favor as it is recorded  that""" But for the past 10 months accused is not turned up to pay the amount as agreed in installment"""

So the judge can impose penalty , just receive whatever amounts you get and submit receievd subject to your calim of damages for charge for interest on the whole amount

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     29 January 2020

Since the accused admitted his liability towards you therefore your case is safe,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register