LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kalidas Shendre (Clerk)     15 May 2019

Cheque bounce matter

I had requested and demanded a friend of mine to say that he was in trouble and needed financial assistance of Rs. 25,00,000/- to meet his personal needs. He had promised & offered to repay the help after completion of the three months. He had given me an account payee postdated cross cheque for the purpose to repay the help of me & deposit in my bank account after completion of the three months. So I had financed the amount of Rs. 25,00,000/- on 27-12-2017 through account payee cross cheque. A few days before the completion of three months, he told me that he still did not leave the financial crisis. And requesting that I do not want to deposit this cheque on my bank account. In this way, he has changed the checks from time to time, from time to time. Finally, I reached the conclusion that he is betraying me. So I do not believe his words yet, I deposited the above said cheque post given to me on my bank account. The cheque has not been levied. He was bounced today on 15-05-2019. The report from Bank regarding cheque bounce has been received on date 15-05-2019. So I am now planning to send a legal notice under section 138 through the lawyer to my friend which is now become my accused. Now my question is, how long can I send a legal notice to the accused through the lawyer from the day I was cheque bounced? And my second question is, if I can not reach the person's address even by sending a legal notice through a lawyer, or if he does not accept it after reaching it by my own hand, then what can I do next? Please, suggest me a better option to get the proper justice. I am awaiting for your valuable reply. Thanks...

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     15 May 2019

serve legal within 30 days from cheque bounce date giving 15 days to repy in case he does not repy than file case

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     15 May 2019

for help can contact us at Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Kalidas Shendre (Clerk)     16 May 2019

Sir, Thanks a lot for giving your valuable reply.

Kalidas Shendre (Clerk)     16 May 2019

Sir, Thanks a lot for giving your valuable reply. But, Sir, I tell you confidently that I am a genuine victim & not a fabricator. I raised the same query on 14 May 2019 also, but there is mentioned amount was 2 Lakhs 50 thousand which is by typing mistake has changed to 25 Lakhs in New query on 15 May 2019. Sorry, for your trouble. Sir, once again thanks a lot.

Shashi Dhara   16 May 2019

250000or2500000 is not problem for both amount the opinion is detto ,opinion doesn't changes so don't worry for minor error

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register