Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dilip (Sr. Associate)     22 July 2013

Cheque bounce by pg owner

Hi,

I had vaccated a PG 30 days back . My PG owner has to return my security deposit , he gave me a checque of INR 14,000/-  which was bounced. When i insisted him to return my money he had partly paid INR 7,000/-  after 15 days and gave me posted dated cheque of INR 7,000/-  again which was bounced again.This time he was not responding to my calls and when i try to call him different number he lift that call and asked me to come to " Ghaiziabad"  to collect my money,  I travelled from "Gurgaon" to "Ghaziabad"  there he started playing with me a false address. When i went to his another office , he agained asked me to come after few days. I really frustrated with his aactivities. Due to bounce bank was deducted money from my account. When i frmly asked him to return my money, he said he is not going to return and i can do what ever i can do.

1.  I am having both cheques with me which were bounced after deposting. One of them is on his Company Account :- M/s. Kunal Associates & Real Estates and second one is some of his personal account.

2. I am having bills with me while paying my security deposit.

3. Kindly advice how to give him notice, does it require a lawyer to do this ? 

Learning

1 Replies

Chindam Damodar (Lawyering and Advocacy)     27 July 2013

Hi Dilip 

Right now you can approach a Advocate by saying him your problem he will send the legal notice whether he replies you can send rejoinder otherwise 

you have a right to file a case on cheque bounced i.e., NEGOITIABLE INSTRUMENT ACT - NI ACT- U/S 138. UNDER CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS you will get your money ok 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register