LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

madhu (HR Manager)     19 October 2014

Cheating

I cheated on my wife regarding my job details.. I told my wife's family that i am working and earning  30k . But i was not in a job .. and not earning 30k even before that job(was getting around 10k)..

Now wife's family is threatening to file a cheating case on me ?

What will happen ?

Under which IPC will i be booked ?

Will i go to prison ? if so How long ? 

Learning

10 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     19 October 2014

Dear,

They cannot do the same in IPC and they can only annul the marriage u/s 11 of Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.

Adv Kapil Chandna

madhu (HR Manager)     19 October 2014

Can't She file  IPC 420 cheating case on me ?

yogendra (engineer)     20 October 2014

Kuch nahi hoga...if you havenot given in written.If you said verbally they can't do anything.If you sent email regarding your job and salary you may be in trouble otherwise no problem.

Sandeep Naik (Advocate)     20 October 2014

Why r u saying urself that u have cheated ur wife ? Let her come out with a case . Secondly , threatening is one thing and understanding u is another. Whether u took ur wife in confidence and told her the reason for stating the said salary ? Moreover, is the salary that going to keep ur marital tie unbroken ? If ur wife wants to file a complaint then she can file even 498 A and u can be booked under DV Act too on any false grounds. Boldly face it. Dont bow under any threatening circumstances.

Sandeep Naik
 Adv. Mumbai High Court  Mob : 99670 56980

madhu (HR Manager)     20 October 2014

I dont like threatening/blackmail regd anything.. I had confident in me that i would end up the job with 30k sooner or later considering my degree( BE Computer Science)

Now i hate her causing so much noise over my job to all of my relatives.....This is annoying..

so i decided and told her that she wants to file a case... Go and do file case on me over cheating...I am ready to face legal consequences......

If im booked what would happen ? how long will i go to jail ?

yogendra (engineer)     20 October 2014

Kuch booking nahi hogi...meri bhi shaadi hui thi mere father in law ne khudko doctor bataya aur woh doctor hain hi nahi..usne to likh bhi diya tha..mai gaya police station gaya..police kahti hai koi fark nahi padta....in chote mote jhooth se kuch nahi hota....

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     20 October 2014

1.Yes, your wife can file a cheating case against you u/s420 & 120B, 2. Settle the matter with her amicably.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 October 2014

repeated on

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=111074&offset=1#.VEXL5FeO5G0

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 October 2014

admitted beating her  on

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=111058&offset=1

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 October 2014

There is a saying that a marriage can be performed even after telling many lies,so this is one among them.  No doubt I am not justifying your stand, but this is not such heinous crime that the police will take severe action on the complaint.  Let she lodge a complaint and wait for the reaction by the police. Basically, if this was the only issue, she should have done that immediately after the marriage and not now after going through a initial round of the married life.  It is however advised that you be in touch with a local lawyer to take you on anticipatory bail in the event of she lodging a complaint u/s 420, because we cannot rely on some corrupt police officials, who on the basis of the bribe consideration received will act very faithfully/loyally to that side by bringing you into some initial troubles, after that you can challenge the case before the court since such cases do not sustain.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register