Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hemant (Not Applicable)     24 September 2011

Cheated, depressed and victim of fraud

Long story but here goes.
I couldn’t pass my exams in fulltime engineering college. So I took admission in distance education institute to complete graduation. The agents charged 10,000 as admission and examination fees and 70,000 in cash as paper setting fees. I cleared graduation with their help. Then came stage 2. I took admission in the same institute for MBA they asked for 1.5 lakh of rupees in the same manner. I paid them full amount in advance 20,000 as university fees and rest of the amount in cash. I cleared 1st semester and 2nd semester and 3rd semester with flying colors. Then came submission of project. I did that too but got the result after 1 year of submission of the project.
In the meanwhile these agents and coordinators befriended me and asked me to solve question papers to help students. I did so as a good gesture and they charged huge amounts from the students. I haven’t taken a single rupee from them even though I solved papers for them. They called me Golden Goose.
I then expressed my interest to go abroad and asked if they knew someone who would help me get the visa. Don’t know what happened, they introduced me to a friend of theirs. Considering these people as a good reference, they asked me to sign a contract for visa and asked me to pay 50,000 as legal fees and 5 lakhs in cash as setting fees to get the visa. I did make the payment after selling my property.
More than a year has passed, no visa nor documents came to me. He said my education documents are pending. I approached the institute who never gave me the same as all paper work was handled by them. They tried luring me to buy certificates from other universities at the price of 60,000 to 1,00,000 with all documents verified.
I refused. Till now I have not received my convocation certificate. And am depressed and don’t know what to do.
Please help.
The visa agent shut down the rented office and has gone missing. The contract papers showing the legal amount of Rs. 50,000 is still with me. I did run a background check of the company on google. The UKL based company shut down in December 2010 and the Indian company is undergoing closure in December 2011. There is no trace of the company.
Several attempts have been made to track down the agent. The agent appeared on phone after 4 months and gave me a cheque of Rs. 30,000. And said he suffered a loss. And said he owns some property and would transfer in my name to compensate. We visited the property which was 40 kms from city in some village. He introduced me to some builder who was going to build house there expected to complete in the year 2013. The property belongs to the villagers and he asked me to make payments in 36 installments of Rs. 15,000. Total amounting to Rs. 10,00,000.
I cross verified the property rates. This was an agricultural land to be converted to non-agricultural land. And then residential complex. As claimed by the builder. The cost of the plot offered just next to this plot cost about Rs. 80,000 and 3,000 for 36 months total amounting to 1,80,000. And the development cost would be about Rs. 2,00,000. I cross verified the builders rapport. The company was started in January 2011. And this is their first project. Ready made property is available for 10 lakhs in todays scenario.

What should I do.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)
Keep the contracts paper with you as it evidence. File a case for breach of contract against the visa agent. You can also claim for compensation. Also file a case of fraud against that fake institution.
1 Like

akash kapoor (*************)     24 September 2011

SEE YOUR CASE PURELY DEPENDS ON THE TERM OF THE CONTRACT YOU SIGNED WITH THEM.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register