LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Malik Javid Iqbal   10 August 2017

Chargesheet after retirement

I retired as Regional Manager of a bank and just seven days before date of retirement I was given a charge sheet of some negligence in loan cases pertaining to the period seven years back.Can they do so legally

Learning

6 Replies

KS Johal   11 August 2017

As you have stated you were the regional manager of a bank and they brought this case 7 days before the date of your retirement. The answer is YES.

KS Johal   11 August 2017

As you have stated you were the regional manager of a bank and they brought this case 7 days before the date of your retirement. The answer is YES.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 August 2017

Certainly, as the cases might have come to light, but you need not dishearten about that as RM can not take his own decisions, and should act as per office notes, and recommendations of the Branch officials, and there might have been internal audit / statutory audit / RBI inspection comments specifically pointing out the lapses or imputations against those sanctions.  Discretion can not be questioned, and may be there is some other background, but those may not be serious.  Mere issuing of charge sheet is not serious and may be also a procedural one, to get your comments, as some one may point out that action was not taken against you, for such lapses.  Your explanation may be protect to record your explanation.  I have never seen any good banker working in decision making without single charge sheet.

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 August 2017

Yes, the chargesheet could be issued and this needs to be met on merits.

Ritu Arya K (Doctor)     11 August 2017

Isn't it so that cases cannot be filed against Government employees when they are still working?

7 days before working means they are still working , correct ? 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 August 2017

Originally posted by : Malik Javid Iqbal

You have stated inter alia, that,

I retired as Regional Manager of a bank and just seven days before date of retirement I was given a charge sheet of some negligence in loan cases pertaining to the period seven years back.Can they do so legally

Whether there was "some" show cause notice issued, which was replied by you and your appointing authority rejected your submission and issued you the chargesheet?

An employee can be charge-sheeted after rejecting his/her reply/submission to the show cause notice issued by appoiniting authority not only within 7 days (as stated by you) of your remaining service but also within 3 years of retirement. The issuance of charge-sheet 7 days before your retirement, as stated by you, is valid .

What do you mean by stating, that, "I retired as Regional Manager of a bank and just 7 days before......." what type of retirment is referred by you i.e., superannuation or compulsorily retired or any other? 

Whether you were retired or suspended from service?

Consult a local prudent lawyer practicing labour and service matters for proper appreciation of facts, analyse, guide and proceed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register