Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narayana Rao (Consultant)     14 March 2013

Change of surname and parents name in birth certificate

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kindly advice me on the procedure to obtain a birth certificate with a changed sur name and changed parents name.

Facts:

1. My current birth certificate mentions a baby boy born to so and so parents (natural parents details)
  2. I was adopted to my grand parents at the age of 4 and the adoption deed was registered
  3. All my certificates and passport contains the family name of my grand father and my grand parents name in the father/mother section (as they legally adopted me via registering the adoption deed)

Hence, I would like to obtain a birth certificate with the following changes:

1.  With my full name as in the passport(including the family name of my adopted parents) and
  2.  Parents details being changed to my adopted parents details instead of my natural parents

I already contacted the local muncipality to get the change done , showing my passport/certificates and the adoption deed as a proof but they mentioned, they cannot change the details or issue a birth certificate based on these.

Kindly advice on the procedure to have the above mentioned changes in my birth certificate.

Thanks in advance.

Best greetings,

Narayana Rao 

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     14 March 2013

You cannot make any changes in the birth certificate. Birth certificate will always contain the actual true facts about the birth of the child and the names of natural parents. You are the son of your new parents by the mode of adoption. So from the date of adoption, your ties with your natural parents are deemed to be severed and you will be regarded as the son of the adoptive parents but not before that.

Narayana Rao (Consultant)     14 March 2013

Hi Archana Madam,

Agree with you. However, my request is to obtain a fresh birth certificate as of today,

I need the details of my birth certificate and passport matching for my visa,

Kindly advice.

Best greetings,

Narayana Rao

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 March 2013

There is a procedure for rectifications in the birth certificates also. Two gazetted officers certificates and an application to be submitted to the Municipal office at concerned birth place.Hospital letter where he/she born also to be submitted along with the application form to the municipality.

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     15 March 2013

PFA

regards-

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

Attached File : 142190289 forms[10].pdf downloaded: 322 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register