LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

john (officer)     22 October 2014

Change of surname after marriage

My name is "JOHN VARGHESE ' married to 'ANU RAJAN". Our marriage certificate was issued in these two names (maiden name). Now i want to apply for a passport for my wife and i want her name to be "ANU JOHN" in the passport and as a government employee i want to add her also with the same name "ANU JOHN" in my service record. What is the procedure i should follow for this.What kind of affidavit should i make for this?. I would be grateful.

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     22 October 2014

@ Author,

1. Get change of name published in a News paper and then approach Gazette Office with it and get it (name change) Gazette Notified for purposes of using the same before various Authorities in future (passport – visa – driving license – ration card – Aadhar card – tel. connection – bank account - election card etc. amongst others)

It is suggested to approach Junior Advocate in District Court for above services for a small fees in case you find it herculean procedure to follow.  

3. Take extra copies of Gazette Publication and save them with you for any future purposes.

[Last reply]

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     24 October 2014

So far as Passport is concerned, your spouse hass to give affidavit taht she wants to maintain her maiden name ... Howevr, Passport Authority will tell you..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register