Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harsha Vardhana R (Project Manager)     06 August 2014

Change of signature - legal process

Dear Experts,

What is the procedure for a 'signature change' without any name change and its exact implications?

I believe it is a notarized process and later I need to submit for Banks and other financial organizations like stock brokers, insurance companies etc where I have investments.

Is it compulsory to change in PAN, Aadhaar and passport too? Then the list would be long and cumbersome.

Is it necessary to notify in major newspapers too?

Please advice.

Regards,

Harsha Vardhana R

Learning

3 Replies

Harsha Vardhana R (Project Manager)     18 October 2014

Dear Experts,

I would be grateful if you can guide me in this important matter.

Regards,

Harsha Vardhana R

NARENDER RAO BASAVARAJU (ADVOCATE)     19 October 2014

AS FAR AS I  KNOW THERE IS NO  LEGAL PROCEDURE INVOLVED IN CHANGING THE SIGNATURE. HOWEVER SOME BANKS MAY INSIST FOR  NOTARIZED AFFIDAVITS OR PAPER PUBLICATIONS.

COMING TO PAN, AADHAR  AND PASSPORTS IT IS  COMPULSORY.

BUT REMEMBER, IT MAY CAUSE SOME  PROBLEM   IN CASE  OF OLD  AGREEMENTS OR DOCUMENTS  SIGNED BY  YOU LONG BACK.  YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO CONVINCE THE CONCERNED PARTIES.

1 Like

Harsha Vardhana R (Project Manager)     19 October 2014

Thank you, Dear Narender for the early morning gift of clarification.

Notarized affidavits are simple. I hope that they are valid outside the nation too. With respect to newspapers, I haven't seen any till today.

PAN can be simple.

With respect to Aadhaar, I don't see any signature on the card. But I may need to inform through a process to the concerned authorities.

With respect to passport, it can be cumbersome as a new passport is needed with the latest address.

Regards,

Harsha Vardhana R

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register