Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Thingbaijam Lenin   03 February 2016

Change of name and the correct process /steps to follow

Hello experts,

Please guide and throw some lights on my query,

I like to change my present format of name to a new format and like to delete unwanted letters too. 
I am married and yet to apply for Passport and also planning to move abroad for work purpose.

I have PAN card,Adhar card,Voter ID, Education certificates and professional certificates with my present name.

My present name is XYZ ABC LMN and my desired new name is ABC XYZ.

As I am from Manipur, our community differs from others with respect to name convention.
Where XYZ is surname/Yumnak , Through these Yumnak, the genealogy of Meitei/Meetei can be traced.
ABC is my preferred name, LMN is derived from being Hindu and it is use for gender identification.

I would like to print the new name to my Passport if I can get the documents ready ahead of application and would like to know more of the related process and documents to prepare.
Do I need to change my name to other educational documents,professional documents etc after I am able to change my name to my desired new name ?

Please guide with the steps,related process for easy and transparent work. 

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 February 2016

The name correction can be done through gazette notification from govt. of India.Obtain  an application & procedure for name correction in the printing & stationery department in your state. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 February 2016

Before publication in (State) and not Union gazzettee the changed (new) name is required to be made on a sworn/ attested affidavit and published in 2 (One in local language and other in English) newspaper.

It has a specific procedure, consult a local lawyer.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     17 August 2016

Dear Client,

Please refer the  expert query I replied on this site vide:https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Application-for-change-in-name-610446.asp. You'd find the answer. Thoroughly I discussed the procedure fo rname change which takes about  3 month  including change of name to new one in Official documents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register