Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SUDHEER PRATTIPATI (--)     09 December 2013

Change of date in birth certificate

Hi,

My name is Sudheer Prattipati, I was born on 21st April 1990. But, I've another date 14th March 1990 in my SSC certificate. This causes a hectic to me to get passport .

If I applied for Birth certificate, I'll get it with my original date of birth. So, I want to change it my preferred date 14th March 1990 as in my SSC certificate.

I'd like to know the procedure to change of date in Birth certificate.

Can you please let me know, either I've to  posses Birth certificate with my original date to change of date or Directly can I apply for birth certificate along with change of date.

I was born in a private hospital under municipality.

Can any one suggest me, how to get it done.

Rgerdas

Sudheer Prattipati.

Learning

5 Replies

MADHUSUDAN G R (Advocate)     09 December 2013

Whatever is mentioned in SSC that itself holds good, whether right or wrong.  As there is not much gap, better continue with the SSC only.

SUDHEER PRATTIPATI (--)     09 December 2013

Hi Madhusudan,

Yes, Thanks for your reply. I'd like to continue with my SSC record. But, I need my birth certificate to get Passport. So, I want to know process of "How to change of date in Birth Certificate?".

I'm requesting you to please share about the way.

Regards

Sudheer Prattipati

Ilangovan. (Advocate)     09 December 2013

In your case, if you are in Chennai you cannot obtain a birth certificate for 14.03.1990 from the Corporation office. You need to apply to the appropriate Magistrate court for obtaining a Birth Certificate citing the reasons for the non registration at the time of birth. I think the same is the proceedure at your place also, consult a local expert.

MADHUSUDAN G R (Advocate)     09 December 2013

With the existing SSC only u can get the birth certificate.  For obtaining birth certificate, you will hv to comply the formalities laid down by the Passport authorities.

On one side ou say, you would continue to with the existing SSC record.  On the other side, you say, you want to know the process as to  how to change the date  in the birth certificate.  Now, at this juncture, the birth certificate will be given based on the SSC record, produced by you only, as any hospital is not expected to keep any record since 1990.

Remember, if the dates differ in the SSC record and the birth certificate again, you will hv a  hell lot of  problems.

vignesh (Student)     12 February 2014

Dear Sir,

Yes, i am also having same problem of Date of birth change. Actually when i was join my school i was given the previous date of my original date of birth. I was born in 16th sep 1990, But when i join the school they asked must complete 6 Years, So i given the date of 16th April 1990. Now i have to change that birth certificate date as based on My School Record. I have original date of birth certificates also.

Some lawyers don't have knowledge about that. So if i consult with lawyers they are thinking i am try going some illegal way. 

Could you please advice me how to handle this issue with lawyers.?

Any way directly go to my district court to apply for this..?

Thanks and Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register