LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aman Morya (Mgt. Trainee)     10 July 2010

Change of Name

Since my school to college life I am using my name as "Aman" . As nobody in my family informed and even i didnt care about that it is necessary to have the last name or sir name,my all educational certificates, PAN ,licence and other documents contains the name "Aman" only.

But somewhere it is required and necessary to write last name or sir name at that time i face problem.

Now I want to add my sir name as "Morya". Is it is to add this and get all certificate with new name "aman morya" or else.

But I donot have any documents proving that Morya is my family sir name.

Can anybody help me in this regard?

Learning

4 Replies

mahendrakumar (marketing)     10 July 2010

you can change your name/surname etc after publishing the smae in the state gazette.

however,whatever,school/college certificates you have,those names will not be changed. you can keep a copy of the name change gazette and claim that both person is same.

Aman Morya (Mgt. Trainee)     10 July 2010

so if i will apply for new licence or other ID card or new PAN card after surrending old one can they come with new name as Aman Morya.

Karl Jacob (Partner/Advocate)     10 July 2010

Yes you can get a new document with the new name after the gazette publication.

mahendrakumar (marketing)     11 July 2010

yes except school/college certificate,you can change by giving an application along with name change gazette.

I have never come across or heard about the change of name in degree certificates on any such grounds later.

If any one could point out any instances of changing the names in degree certificate,it would benefit all concerned.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register