Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AJAY TIWARI (4tiwari@gmail.com)     25 May 2012

Casual leave

Please guide the following........

1)  I am a Indian Central Govt employee. I m having 8 days Casual leave  and 36 days half pay leave at credit.  I was on casual leave for 05 days and further I fall sick so continued my leave for next 18 days.so toal leave period was 05+18 days. I want to combined Casual Leave+Medical(Commuted) Leave. Will It be possible?

2) As casual leave can be taken for half days also. Can it be taken for first half and also for second half?

3) As wednesday and satuaday are half working day, so casual leave taken for wednesday or saturaday will be counted as half or full casual leave?

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 May 2012

Not possible in first case. yes. in second question. yes in third answer is half day you can take as casual leave for half day.

Dhaval Lotwala (Manager - Internal Audit)     25 May 2012

Dear Sir,

Can you please clarify the no. of leave entitlement for contract labour hired by a principle employer?

Also is there a rule specified for leave encashment?

Regards,

Dhaval Lotwala

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     26 May 2012

The Contract Labour is entitled for leaves as per the Shops & Establishment Act of the State/territory where is deployed, save and except carry forward. Contract - Fixed Term Employment being for a specified period, usually for an year or so, the average entitlement for an year would be in the range of 29 days i.e. 7 CL, 7 SL and 15 PL. If the employee is covered by ESI, the sick leave will be governed by the ESI regulations. If the employee is women, she will also be entitled to Maternity leave as per the Maternity Benefit Act.

vasudevan

AJAY TIWARI (4tiwari@gmail.com)     26 May 2012

dear Dhaval Lotwala, kindly ask your question in separate window so that I must get my reply & u will get your reply rahter then confusing each other.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 June 2012

You questions are replied as under :-

1)  I am a Indian Central Govt employee. I m having 8 days Casual leave  and 36 days half pay leave at credit.  I was on casual leave for 05 days and further I fall sick so continued my leave for next 18 days.so toal leave period was 05+18 days. I want to combined Casual Leave+Medical(Commuted) Leave. Will It be possible?

Ans : CL and EL cannot be combined there is no restriction on combinatin of any other type of leave. You cannot apply for commutted lave prior to faling sick when you were on CL.

2) As casual leave can be taken for half days also. Can it be taken for first half and also for second half?

Ans : Yes

3) As wednesday and satuaday are half working day, so casual leave taken for wednesday or saturaday will be counted as half or full casual leave?

Ans : No 1/2 day CL is not admissible for 1/2 working day, it will be full day leave.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register