Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arunkumar   14 September 2018

Caste certificate for married women in differrent state.

I married a girl from pondicherry(intercaste marriage) SC. and i am from tamil nadu BC. my wife need to apply for the postgraduate exam in tamilnadu. for the reservation of quota in exam, she need to produce the caste certificate. my doubt is the caste certificate from the pondicherry state is enough ( as she already have) or she have to produce the caste certificate only from the tamilnadu government as she married to me in the tamilnadu.  

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     14 September 2018

The certificate issued by the Pondichery government is sufficient.

Arunkumar   14 September 2018

Thank you sir.

Arunkumar   15 September 2018

I married a girl from pondichery intercaste marriage( she is SC and i am BC) and now both are working in the tamilnadu government, as i am from tamilnadu.. For getting the postgraduate exam my wife needs to produce the nativity certificate and caste certificate. As for as caste certificate i already got a reply from this forum as caste certificate from the pondicherry government is enough. thanks for that reply. Now my doubt is if she produce the nativity certificate from tamilnadu government  as she was married to me, which is mandatory for her postgraduate reservation quota (tamil nadu as native) , will the caste reservation get denied as the caste certificate is from pondicherry government. 

paugom   18 September 2018

Thanks for sharing

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 May 2019

she will have cast status of her father only and not of husband.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register