LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SUDHIR PANDIT   16 May 2016

Caste certificate

Respected Sir, I have caste certificate of jharkhand state but i have completed my studies from j.r. kg to hsc(12) in maharashtra state and i want to continue my studues in maharashtra only.so, i want to know whether my caste certificate is applicable in all colleges of maharashtra so that i can get useful benefits. please help me sir.

Learning

2 Replies

Shashank   16 May 2016

hey Sudhir,

As per the previous Supreme Court rulings, a person who is SC/ST/OBC in one State cannot enjoy the benefits of being so in another State. You can get employment and admission benefits of the caste certificate only in the State of Jharkhand and not in any other State. However, this very issue has been come to limelight again with many cases like yours and they have been tagged together and are now pending in Supreme Court before a constitunal bench. You need to wait for the outcome of those cases. If you want to know about what the Supreme Court has said in the past in this regard, I can share two judgments by constitunal bench and one by division bench.

srd   25 May 2016

hi sir could u plz tell me .... I hav prescribed format of caste certificate issued in november '14 butthis is in HINDI version. will it work at the time of joining. prior to this I hav given 3 interiews of IBPS and SBI , my caste certificate is always accepted without any problem. does it works again in canara bak or they questioned to get my caste certificate in English

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register