LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M Ramana (Asst Enggr)     10 November 2014

Case aginst paying money

Dear sir recently my cousin brother died, one person sent lawer notice to my brother,s wife,  that my brother had taken 80000 rupees by signing on the 10 Rs bond paper. Actually we dont know about taking of money. She is very poor and  she cant able to pay that money. is that person can take legal action on my brother,s wife. They dont have any properties, to sale and pay the money.

Please give your opinion sir

Learning

3 Replies

Dalip Singh (Advocate)     10 November 2014

After legal notice, in case he files a suit for recovery, firstly he has to prove the bond paper and the signature of the deceased.   Secondly, in case he succeed in proving the money having been paid,  he can recover the money ONLY from the assets of the deceased inherited by the legal heirs of the deceased, if any. 

M Ramana (Asst Enggr)     11 November 2014

small mistake about the above query sir, he is showed that "signed on the prompsary note pasted with one rupee stamp",   not the 10rs bond paper,

RamaKrishna (none)     13 November 2014

My uncle borrowed an amount of Rs.1,50,000/- from me on May 2013. The only proof that I have are my Bank account statements that indicate myself transferring this amount to my uncles bank account.

My Grandmother from my mother's side who is also the mother of my uncle who borrowed the above said money from me is the witness of this transaction and she agreed to come to any court of law for me to help me get my money back from my uncle.

Does the Bank account statements stand as a proof, is it accepted as proof in the court of law?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register