LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirav   13 October 2016

Case against foreign investors for non payment of salary

I am employed by Pvt. Ltd. company in Navi Mumbai wherein 30% share and management control of the company is with local partners and 70% share holding is with Private Equity partners from USA. If my salary is not paid then can I file a legal suit against foreign share holders?? The local partner is shamless and have often passed through this in past, but I believe foreign investors would care for their reputation and so they will settle it immediately so I want to file a case against them. Is this possible and if yes then what is the procedure and costs involved?

I joined this company on 13th Dec 2014 and currently working in the company. Also in my offer letter there is clear mention of CTC & for initial 5 months I was getting paid through their holding company in singapore in US$. From may 2015 onwards they started paying me in INR but amount was less as balance portion they gave me by cash. However from March 2015 onwards, they stopped giving me cash amount. I am getting paid as per my salary slip but not as per my offer letter which mentions higher salary. I do not have any appointment letter. Does this make a strong case to file a legal suite and would it be advisable to fight it for 4 - 5 lacs rupees?

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 October 2016

Submit a gentle representation to good offices of appointing authority,MD,CEO,Board under proper acknowledgment.

Post full details of your designation and nature of duties.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register