LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasanna k   25 November 2019

Case against cheating girl friend

We were in relation fornpast 4years. His family is from Rajasthan. He said that they won't agree for our marriage. I said it's okay I just need you, ritual of marriage is not important for me. We are mutually okay for that. He promised we won't let any any other girl into his life. He said he will either convince his family to marry me, else he stay single. Now his family members knew everything, they fixed his marriage with another girl from their region. In his place there is this custom, If you promise a girl from their region for marriage and if won't marriage her, village heads will outcast them from village. It's his parents pride issue. They started blackmailing, saying.. either you marry the girl we shown else see our death. So he want to leave me and marry the other woman. He cheated me. Relation between us, is like a wife and husband relationship everything we used to share. Just coz of parents blackmailed him , he cheated on me.. He used me till he is in comfortable zone and left me not even a single thought of what happens to me after that. How would I live. Whether I live or not. Someone please suggest how to handle this

Learning

8 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     25 November 2019

If you have any agreemnt writen like that with then u can enforce that otherwise just mere oral commitment if hard to prove .It is better you approach to his Village Panchayat as you say there is some cutomry thing involved invoke that but legally you would get lesser or no suppourt because u have no proof. IF you can prove by any means whatsoever then file a complaint for breach of trsut.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 November 2019

The presumption is that you are both Hindus and there is no commitment of marriage in between you and in living relationships, they can get separated as they wish.  Members are not competent as there is no legal problem involved and the agreement is in between you, and in the Hindu tradition, there is no question of blackmailing the parents and the other partner has no agreed for any commitment to the future..  Both of you have never cared for the protection given in Hindu Marriage and wish to enforce those mutual obligations which generate mutual obligations as per rituals in the marriage.  Except convincing the parents through elders, there is no other remedy in the present situation..  The tradition dictated duties in a relationship within a family and not scriptted obligations in living relationships.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     25 November 2019

this is basically emotional drama he and his parents side. when he is mature enough to have relation with women then he must stand by her.

although not advisable there are n number of ways to teach him lesson.

While making all efforts to teach the other a lesson, one must consider the ultimate personal gain, At what cost, and their personal loss when the other is not willing to accept the relationship.

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 November 2019

The facts posted suggest no legal elements or legal action; it has been a live in relationship.

The interesting issue is of duties and obligations in such live-in a relationship equivalent to marriage obligations.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 November 2019

Both of you maintained live-in relation at your own sweat will, desire and consent. There is no dispute for consideration and obligation of experts if either of you want to change his/her consent.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 November 2019

He has not fooled you.

You ensured that you are fooled.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register