LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deep (deep)     25 August 2015

Case

My father-in-law filed case on me in court . Case type comi u/s 378, 379, 411 . The case is at stage of arguments on issue of summoning. This case was filed in jan 2015  (Husband disserted me n our son in 2013. Filed divorce which was dismissed as withdrawn in 2015 jan.) Pls guide if i am sent summons from court, wat should i do n how to proceed. Should i go  N will summons b issued in this case as it is alll false fabricated case just to harrass me Do i need to apply for bail???

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

If court hall is near, go by walk, if it is far go by auto or bus as you may find it feasible.

As you are woman, your are born with immunity from not apeparing in court, but be advised that not appearing in court will only make the case go exparte.

deep (deep)     26 August 2015

Summons not yet issued

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     27 August 2015

If the summons are sent to you, you have to appear and take bail. Bail will be easily granted. So, do not worry. If it appears to you that the charges are completely baseless, then you can approach the H.C. Under Section 482 Cr.P.C. to quash all the summons and all criminal proceedings. If you do not want to approach the HC, then you regularly appear in the court and contest it on merits. It is very difficult for them to succeed in such cases. so, do not worry. Prabhakar - Advocate (M)9958670740 Legal Aid panelist - Family Court - Central Delhi (Tis Hazari)

deep (deep)     27 August 2015

Sir, can this case (if summons issued) be transferred from their place to my hometown And do court issue summons on such cases?? I know I m thinking too much here, but for me having not really done anything wrong, is a very very serious issue, kindly reply n thnx lot for ensuring me not to worry

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     28 August 2015

The summons may be issued or the court may dismiss his case. Till summons are issued to you, you have no right (no locus standi) to participate in criminal proceedings. If summons are issued, engage an advocate and file a case in H.C. for quashing the summons.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register