LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CHEENI (SELF EMPLOYED)     13 December 2015

Car insurance treated as void

Two months ago I bought a new Hyundai car from a Chennai dealer on full payment by DD including Insurance.  Insurance cover note was issued and registration completed and I am using the car.  Suddenly I received a letter from the Insurer that they had treated the Policy void from inception as the premium paid by the dealer had bounced. What should I do now?

My questions:

1. Is the Insurer right in doing so as they know very well that they have tie up with the dealer and not with the insured?  Bouncing of Cheque would have been known to them immediately definitely not after two months  Can I take up the matter with IRDA?

2.  Can I charge the Manufacturer , Dealer and Insurer jointly and severally responsible for the fraud they have committed to the state and me by selling an uninsured car?

3.  God forbid if something happens to the car or third who is responsible?

Appreciate urgent advice.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 December 2015

When the dealer says he's giving you insurance for free, he is actually billing you for the insurance under some other head and is actually cheating you. Give a complaint to IRDA.

Rishikesh Rewatkar (Legal Executive)     26 March 2016

how we change of constituion in leave and license agrement by addendum agreement

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register