LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijay reddy (md)     01 November 2013

Cancellation of revocation of gift settlement

my sister registered the land through gift settlement deed at 2006, and she is revocation gift deed at 2012 without notice to me. the original land purchased by my money and registered on her name at 1985, At 2006 she registered the land on my name through gift deed. the same entered in revenue records and patta pass books also issued on my name. Now the land rates are increased, without noticing me she revocked the gift deed at 2012 sept. Today i checked the ec through online. .. kindly advise me what to do.. and how to proceed. revocation is legally correct..

vijay reddy

vijay.sjm@gmail.com

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 November 2013

The gift deed once executed and has been acted upon by the donee namely by transferring the revenue records on his name and taking possession of the property, the said deed cannot be revoked until if any condition thereon has not been complied with thereby the deed could have been  revoked.  If you confirm that there was no such condition implied therein, the revocation of the gift deed is invalid by law and you may file a suit to declare the same as null and void.

LegalArrow ( Advocate Bangalore)     02 November 2013

Kalai Sevan sir is right, A gift deed cannot be revoked once executed unless it a conditional gift. Give a represention to revenue authorites not to transfer the khata/ revenue entries in her name, in the meanwhile, file a suit for declaration and injunction and obtain stay order,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register