Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sivhra   24 June 2019

Cancellation of release deed

Hi,

My father purchased 2 ground (4,800 sq ft) in chennai, constructed house and we were staying in it for past 40 years.  He had 2 sons, myself and my yonger brother.  Recently my father expired and my brother and myself agreed to separate the properly equally (i.e. 2,400 sq ft each) via Release deed.  After registration of release deed, I noticed that part of my land (i.e. 500 sq ft) has been porumboku (i.e. governent land) and I couldn't able to get Patta for my full portion (i.e. 2,400 sq ft), but my younger brother portion is not affected.

I requested my brother to do rectification deed to split equally the portion excluding the proumboku land (i.e. 2,150 sq ft each) equally.  But he rejected it.  Is it possible to cancel the Release deed? If yes, what is the procedure and charges?

Learning

2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   24 June 2019

U issue notice to Ur brother mentioning the fact if he Denys u approach civil court for correct partition and to cancel release deed.

kamaleshwari 1983   05 September 2022

Dear sir
I am from Bangalore, I donated my one kidney to my elder brother in1992 ( my parents alive)
in1993 my elder brother got marriage in 1995 my father expired, in 1998 I got marriage & in 1999 we lost our mother (I had one elder brother & two younger brothers) I gave a notice from lawyer for my 1/4 share of my father's property, after receiving notice my elder brother came& younger brothers came to my house( I was staying in rental house) & promised me as they will give 1/4 share of father's property & I didn't receive any money from them only by believing them I putted my signature on release deed in subregistrar office for half of the property 12 years before, since from I am staying in another property, but all the properties are transferred from parents' khata to their names before getting my release deed itself that's in between 2004 to 2006, so can I cancel my release deed as my name is hided in family tree, while they were khatha transferring from my parent's khata?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register