LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

wicugebek1 (na)     19 September 2018

Cancellation of marriage registration after divorce in goa

The marriage was registered in Goa at the Civil Registrar, but divorce decree was given from Family Court in Pune as per Hindu Marriage Act. However, when this decree is shown to the Registrar they are not accepting it, and instead want an order from local Goan Court to cancell the registration.

The local lawers in Goa say this decree is invalid as it was obtained from Pune and not Goa court. However the domicile is in Pune, so Pune court is the right now. Now how do I get an order from a Goa court to show to the registrar? 

Learning

6 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     19 September 2018

this is wrong advise given by your lawyers, decree from competent court is vaild throughout India.
1 Like

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     19 September 2018

you ask people who are not accepting your decree ask them to give you in writing
1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     19 September 2018

Where are you residing? Why did the marriage register at Goa? What is the residing place of husband and wife before marriage and after marriage?

wicugebek1 (na)     19 September 2018

Currently residing in Pune. Marriage was registered as I'm from Goa. Husband and wife are both residing in Pune for 2 years after registration.

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     21 September 2018

If your marriage was registered under HMA or special marriage Act, the divorce decree passed by Family court is valid.

Adv. J Fernandes (ADVOCATE and ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION SPECIAL )     31 August 2022

Goa is governed under the Portuguese civil code any marriage registered in Goa has to be  filed for divorce in Goa .  As the rest of India and Goa taken seperately is subdued to certain different laws . Contact me on 9921210171 Adv. J. Fernandes , Goa 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register