Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venka (own)     10 April 2015

Cancellation of marriage after engagement

Hi, 

I am 31 yrs old and due to pressure from my parents i got engaged to  a girl... always i thought about my family and i wanted them to be happy even if my life is gone for a task all these days. Now i made a big mistake got engaged to a girl not compatiable. Now i dont want to spoil her life by getting married . My mid and heart says i shouldnt be .....now i work for an MNC ... do you think they can file case and put me in jail..... i am scared now . 2months to go for the marruage.. please advise.

Learning

9 Replies

adv vicky (advocate)     10 April 2015

They can not file, unless there are some transaction palced between you and them. Talk to her and say clearly each and everything, Otherwise compromising marriage will not run for long period, the issue in your mind will on that stage also, she will lot of matrimonial cases, But at this stage chances are very rare. For further query you may call on this no.+91 8000-4421-38

They can not file, unless there are some transaction palced between you and them. Talk to her and say clearly each and everything, Otherwise compromising marriage will not run for long period, the issue in your mind will on that stage also, she will lot of matrimonial cases, But at this stage chances are very rare. For further query you may call on this no.+91 8000-4421-38

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     10 April 2015

Adv Vicky,

Why so many times UR answer has appeared? 

Venka, Now can U go against the decision of UR parents? But after the engagement breaking the marriage is not human in nature.U said she is not compatiable, could U elaborate

cyberlawyer (barrister)     10 April 2015

I think the betrothal must be over by now. You have two more months for your marriage. If you dont like the girl or if you feel that the wavelength of you both will not at all match, then dont keep calm and just state that you are not interested in the marriage. But before that as others said i would like to know what is that level of incompatibility, which you refer it as a BIG mistake ?. 

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     11 April 2015

I presume he is investigating an escape route through this forum

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register