Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

likith (project engineer.)     06 November 2012

Cancellation of marriage after engagement.

Dear Experts,

Here is my issue:

I had got engaged to a girl on 19-Apr-2012. After the engagement I gave a post-paid mobile connection to the girl to be in contact. After the engagement, I came to know that the girl had a love affair and which she had been continuing the affair even after the engagement. I have itemized post-paid mobile bills where she used to talk to her lover. So I had decided to cancel the marriage and called the girls family on 30-May-2012 and explained the same.

As the girl's father is a small politician, he approached the district Superintend of Police (S.P) and lodged a false petition based on dowry act. Honorable S.P endorsed the petition to the Circle Inspector (C.I) for further investigation on 20-June-2012. I have attended the police station on the same day and explain the entire incident to C.I., and also submitted the required evidences to prove my innocence and I clearly told that I don't want to marry girl.

Then on I have been attending the police station whenever the C.I. calls for the enquiry & counseling, C.I. tries to counsel the both parties and try to compromise both. But the girl's father never ready to compromise and take back the petition.

The same routine was happening from the 20-june-2012 to till the date. As I am the only male child in the family and I had to look after my job as well as family, this issue is creating very psychological effect on me and my family members. This is very tough time for me.

I request the experts that, please suggest me the solution for my issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Likith

Learning

8 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 November 2012

1. Stick to your grounds. You will come out winning out of these social hurdles eventually. Prepare your family accordingly.
Reason being had it not been the deficit of trust you would not have scrutinized itemized call details and came to conclusion of her chastity thus a big doubt is there in your heart. Heart overrules mind so follow your heart a even if you compromise and take her back your mind will revolt constantly and it will end up later in same situation as you are in today. So boldly face the situation today as it is still manageable as she has to prove the grounds of dowry related cruelties and if there is no exchange of dowry then you are not too long in the dock.
Prudent Court do understand these but with a small price that is current happiness.  

likith (project engineer.)     06 November 2012

Thanks for the reply.

To explain more on the issue:-

The girl was accepted that she had a love affair before the engagement, then I asked her to stop it all and be loyal to me because of we got engaged each other. Even after she was talking to her lover continuously and the worst part is that she went to her lover’s residing state to meet him. I have the itemized mobile bill where I have scrutinized the bill thoroughly, I confirmed her lover’s mobile number which was in bill and also she was in roaming for 3days (i.e she went to the lover residing state without informing her parents or me). Even I tried a lot in convincing her to stop all this nonsense activities, but she was very strongly told that she don’t want to marry me. Then only I decided to cancel the marriage and informed the same thing to her parents. But girl’s parents surprisingly approached the Police and mentally pressurizing me from the 20- june-2012 to till the date.

I have all the evidences either prove the girl’s sins or my innocense. Even I submitted evidenses to the respectable C.I. but still me and my family have to suffer pointlessly and I don’t know when this episode will get over.

I have following doubts & questions in mind:-

[1] Will the dowry act applicable to the engagements? (Engagement is done as per Hindu tradition in Andhra Pradesh state).

[2] How much time generally police people will take to convert a petition into the F.I.R?

[3] Is Police people have a right to make a petition as false based on the evidences?

[4] Is there any other alternative ways where I could get justice?

Please help me in getting justice.

Thanks,

Likith.

likith (project engineer.)     01 February 2013

Dear Experts,

Could you please help in this regards. Has the complaint was stil exist in the police station. Even though I submitted all the proof to proove her love affair the respected CircleInspector is holding the complaint and waiting for the girl family to take back the complaint valunteerly. But the girl family is not taking back the complaint.

complaint had been rose by 8 months now.

What should I do in this case?

Shall I wait for life time?

Thanks,

Likith.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 February 2013

[1] Will the dowry act applicable to the engagements? (Engagement is done as per Hindu tradition in Andhra Pradesh state).

Ans : Dowry act is not dependent on commencement of marraige.  It operates on anything demanded in consideration of marraige by either side (before or after marraige)

[2] How much time generally police people will take to convert a petition into the F.I.R?

Ans : CAn't be said.

[3] Is Police people have a right to make a petition as false based on the evidences?

Ans : yes

[4] Is there any other alternative ways where I could get justice?

Ans : Reconciliation.

likith (project engineer.)     13 April 2013

Dear Experts,

Here is my complaint status till the date:

Respected C.I. had made the petition has false one and submitted his version of report to his higher authority (S.P). I have few doubts regarding the issue:

[1] Can I get any written format from the police persons that the girl’s side (opposite party) people had filed false allegation against me.

[2] Is there any other chance to sue me by the opposite party? If yes, how can I get my complete petition details from the S.P. office for further proceedings?

[3] I am in planning for wedding, so how can I safeguard my family, my future wife and her family from these crooks in future.

Please help!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Likith.

(Guest)

Good show buddy. I am impressed :-)

The complaint has no legal stand, forget about it. Go ahead with your new plans. Wishing you a bright future :-)

likith (project engineer.)     09 October 2014

Hi Tajobsindia , Sudhir Kumar & Member ,

Thanks for your suggestions and guideline. After all this painful episode finally I am a very happy married 

person since 10 months. 

Thanks,

Likith.

henriettarexach (New York City)     12 October 2014

ATTN PLS, am sending my testimony to everyone out there, that is either in my shoe or needs help one way or the other. My names is Henrietta, and i want to share with you all about my relationship breakup back then, which almost lead me to frustration and unhappy life experience. I was married to my ex divorced Husband 2 year and 11 months ago. My husband, I and and our pretty kid was happily living in peace and harmony. But, few months ago my Husband started acting strange to me. Unknown to me, he has been engaging him self online with another woman, which he was keeping from me as a secret. But few weeks ago, i caught him on our computer, mailing this woman. And, when i asked him who she was, he told me that, she was just a friend. The message conversation caught my attention and i decided to go through it. To my surprise, my husband have been dating this woman on my behalf for some period of time. Immediately, after i noticed that, i began to quarrel with him and all he could told me, was that he never loved me, that we should go for a divorce. I thought he was saying it from anger due to the situation at hand as at that moment. Because of the love i had for him, i never wanted to support it, although it happened, i still did not give up on him. I was looking for solution to get him back home. so i went in search on how i can get back my husband. Well, along my search, i saw a testimony of a woman on how Prophet Irabor was able to restore back her marriage home. Immediately, i copied the email address and decided to give a try. After following all the procedures and instructions given to me by Prophet Irabor, within the space of 2 days, my husband gave me a call and started begging me that he was sorry for what has happened between us. And because i love him so much, i quickly responded to him that i have forgiven him and told him to come back home. Me and my husband are now living happy married life again. All respect and honour to you Prophet Irabor, for the Help you have render to me and my family. Sir, i pray God Strengthen you...If you need his help, you can email him on (prophetiraborcharles@hotmail.com)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register