Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Himanshu (Manager)     05 February 2014

Can we post case against in laws under dowry prohibition act

Hi,

My 498a wife has framed me and my family in false dowry case us 498A,406 & 34. She has also filed DV act and maintainence case against me.

FIR has been lodged in which she claims giving me money.

Can I file a complaint on the basis of FIR in my place against inlaws and her us 2-3-4 of dowry prohibition act as giving dowry.

Would it go against me as accepting that dowry was given and taken however no dowry was given or taken.

Regards

Victim

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     05 February 2014

don't file any false case against her , fight your case on their merits , return her stridhan as she is demanding on filing section 406 ipc , let her prove that you had demanded the dowry and they had fulfilled your demand and how and in which manner you had done harrassment of her , if she tries to give her statement likewise the judge immediately read her behaviour that she is giving false and fabricated statement without having any proof with her for asking dowry and proof of dowry harassment , he discard her statement and give his decision in your favour .

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 February 2014

Penalty for giving or taking dowry.-(1) If any person, after the commencement of this Act, gives or takes or abets the giving or taking of dowry, he shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which shall not be less than five years, and with the fine which shall not be less than fifteen thousand rupees or the amount of the value of such dowry, whichever is more:

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     05 February 2014

don't file any false case against her , fight your case on their merits , return her stridhan as she is demanding on filing section 406 ipc , let her prove that you had demanded the dowry and they had fulfilled your demand and how and in which manner you had done harrassment of her , if she tries to give her statement likewise the judge immediately read her behaviour that she is giving false and fabricated statement without having any proof with her for asking dowry and proof of dowry harassment , he discard her statement and give his decision in your favour .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register