Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh   30 January 2020

Can we add someone to an existing lease agreement

Hi,

My question is - Can we add a new person to an existing registered Lease Deed. If yes, then will it attract whole stamp duty or it will require only nominal charges of registration. I am from Maharashtra. Plz help. Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

Anukriti   30 January 2020

Hey

Yes, you can do it by following these steps:

First, ask the tenant to submit in writing a request to add another person to the lease.

Secondly, make sure that the tenant's request does not cause the household to exceed the rental property's occupancy limit.

Then send your tenant an official tenant application form and get it filled.

Finally, meet the tenants and explain them the details of the additional security deposit and that they are responsible for the whole rent amount even if a single person does not pay for their portion.

Hope this helps!

Rajesh   31 January 2020

Thanks Anukriti,

Can u plz tell me - Will it attract whole stamp duty or it will require only nominal charges of registration. I am from Maharashtra.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     31 January 2020

A duly registered lease agreement can not be altered or amended without following the due process of law and requisite charges.

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 February 2020

What is the nature of the property that is leased?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 February 2020

No amendement or modification can be done in the registered L & L Deed without concurrance of lessor and re-registration with full stamp duty to be paid on the document.

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register