Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

OM (ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE)     05 June 2018

Can parent has right to sold agri property without my consent

Sir/Madam 
We are two brothers and one sister, all married, we have some 40 bigha of agri land in two pieces measuring 17 and 23 bigha. 

The original patta of both the land pieces are with my mother(widow), who living with my elder brother. in the land record of the state government my name are also shown as beneficiary of that land pieces. Since last ten years we are living separately and kabza of that land pieces was separated since than. 

My mother now threaten me that she will sold entire land and give money to my elder brother, I want to ask a question that it is possible to sold land without my consent and what legal options available for me in that situation. 

Please suggest.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 June 2018

If yes, since devolved by inheritance thru your father you have equal share being legal heir.

Your mother can not dispose more than her share.

If your mother is sole owner and/or IT is her self earned/acquired/absolute property she can dispose without any need for anyone’ s consent. But in that case how come your name appears as beneficiary.

You may show the property docs to your own very able LOCAL senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/civil matters and well versed with latest citations, LOCAL applicable codes/rules/laws and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt, for a considered opinion.

(Guest)

Please intimate, patta or mutation of the property is in whose name? There is a difference between patta with your mother and patta in the name of your mother.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register