LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arpan   24 March 2019

Can nominees sell property

My father passed away in 2005 & my mother is the nominee of a house (he didn't leave any will). The society shares have been transferred in my mother's name. My first question is can my mother sell the house being a nominee? After my father's death, my mother has made her 3 children nominees of the same house. Can the 3 children sell the house after my mother's death? Please note that the house is in a co-operative housing society. Regards

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   24 March 2019

After Ur father's death all of u including Ur mother get equal shares .she cannot sell it without Ur consent

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 March 2019

After your father, your mother and your siblings have equal rights over the property.  After your mother, the legal heirs of your parents may sell the property or transfer the same as you mutually dicide.

Arpan   24 March 2019

Thank you Sirs for your response. By saying that "after your mother, the legal heirs of your parents may sell the property...", do you mean to say that we 3 siblings are the legal heirs and despite being just nominees can sell the house after my mother's death and that there is no need for my mother to make a will? Do the 3 siblings automatically become the legal heirs of the house after her death? Please note that I reside in Panvel, district Raigad, Maharashtra. Thanks once again. Regards

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     25 March 2019

After your mother you and your siblings have equal rights.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register