Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Can i sell matrimonial home???

Experts

Our case is going on in family court since last 2 years(Divorce vs RCR). I filed RCR.

Wife is currently staying with her parents. I m genuenly ready to take her back

I m the sole owner of our matrimonial home & i m solely paying emi of home loan. Wife has not contributed a single penny. Also she has not claimed in matrimonial home in any manner.

Now due to some financial problems i want to sell my matrimonial home & purchase a new home of low cost to reduce my loan burden to some extent,

My Question is

1. Can i sell my matrimonial home & buy small low cost home?

2. Will that make any adverse effect on my RCR case?

3. Do i have to obtain court permission before selling matrimonial home of which i m the sole owner.

Pls reply

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)
Awaiting reply from experts..pls

fighting back (exec)     05 July 2014

Our case is going on in family court since last 2 years(Divorce vs RCR). I filed RCR.

what has divorce and RCR got to do with selling of your house? 

Wife is currently staying with her parents. I m genuenly ready to take her back

your RCR might backfire, since she has filed for divorce, she can very well enter your house and file cases on you, then it will be a tricky situation, since your wife has filed for divorce, it naturally implies that she doesnt want to stay with you,  and to get off your rcr case, she can come in your house and file cases on you and multiply your headache, better accept her divorce case and move on. dont hangon to a dead marriage. 

your sole intention to file RCR is just to save on maintainence. and this is true with 90% of cases when a husband files RCR, but dont get misguided by your lawyer, maintainence can be demanded in other ways too. so it is a futile exercise. 

I m the sole owner of our matrimonial home & i m solely paying emi of home loan. Wife has not contributed a single penny. Also she has not claimed in matrimonial home in any manner.

if she has not asked for a house, why are you worried?  , 

Now due to some financial problems i want to sell my matrimonial home & purchase a new home of low cost to reduce my loan burden to some extent,

My Question is

1. Can i sell my matrimonial home & buy small low cost home?

if the court has not prohibited you from selling you, you are free to sell it anytime

2. Will that make any adverse effect on my RCR case?

why are you worried when you are ready to take her back, but she will very well file cases on you, remember that, because you are stepping on the tail of a snake, (remember that she has filed divorce) that automatically means she wants you to get out of her life. 

3. Do i have to obtain court permission before selling matrimonial home of which i m the sole owner.

if the court has not prohibited you, why do you want to approach the court? go ahead and sell it, it is only a matter of time before she files domestic voilence case on you, at that time she will demand residence. at that point be ready to provide her accomodation in your house or pay rent. 

Pls reply

all the best

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register