LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Can i marry my love???

Hello I am Indo-Canadian, Have one question for you. I am from Gujarat province of India, a Hindu. Can I marry My third cousin according to hindu marriage act??

She is my mom's< father<Cousin sister<son<daughter.

She is my third cousin right? If yes, Can I marry her or not??

Please please let me know!!!1

Learning

7 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     19 March 2016

check whether the relationship falls under the prohibited relationships mentioned in sec 5 of hindu marriage act

(Guest)

Hello Mr. Saravanan S, that is where I am confused. I am not sure from there whether I can marry or not. If possible, could you please help me sloving this problem. The girl is:

My mom's< father< cousin Sister's< Son< Daughter.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     19 March 2016

According to sec 5 (iv) & (v) of hindu marriage act legally you cannot marry that girl, but if your customs permits you then you can marry her .

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     19 March 2016

According to sec 5 (iv) & (v) of hindu marriage act legally you cannot marry that girl, but if your customs permits you then you can marry her .

(Guest)
Are you sure that she is my sister. I am really confused with all this stuffs. Let me make it more clear about our relationship tree.

Me < My mom< Mom's Father (Grand Father)< Mom's father father (Great Grand father)<His brother< Daughter< son< Daughter

In fact about this relationship, we came to know the previous month. I haven't met her father ( My Gf's father yet). So just help me to undestand this complicated stuffs.

I did some research,but it is way more complicated to understand for the one who doesn't know much about our Indian Culture.

Please , help me to understand this, Can I marry her or not??

(Guest)

What does this sapinda means??? How does that work? Is there any way to crack this wall???

Shekhar (Proprietor)     20 March 2016

U can marry her since the derivations of her mother are different trunk of family tree.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register